You can collect gifts from Hideeni from your Facebook news feed. These gifts cannot be gifted by standard gifting (sending it to a friend through your chest), but they can be recycled and sold. These items are best kept as either decoration or as a collection.
Finding HideeniHideeni is found all over the game! You can find him in the following places:
- Houses: He can appear in a room in your house or rooms of friends who you are visiting. The only way to make him go away from the room is to either leave the room and come back, or click on him. Some players find it very annoying to discover him in their bedroom or bathroom. For people who don't want Hideeni to appear in specific rooms, they can purchase the Hideeni Repellent and place it in those rooms. For those who love Hideeni (or just want their friends to post lots of feeds), you can buy the Hideeni Magnet.
- Shops: When scrolling through a shop, sometimes you will find him hanging out around the items!
- Around the Neighborhood Page: You can see a little icon of Hideeni standing around this map. Sometimes it can be hard to tell him apart from your other friends.
After being found, Hideeni asks if you would like to give a gift to your friends. If you accept, Pet Society will post on your wall in Facebook. The posting of the gift is displayed in your news feed where your friends can see it and click the link to claim the gift. Be quick to find the post, as the gifts are exclusive to the first 3-5 people who click on the feed.
Note that even though you found Hideeni, you cannot get the special gift yourself -- you can only receive gifts from other friends' news feeds. Be generous and click post!
Sometimes you will have difficulty getting that last item in the collection Hideeni is giving out, or you just don't have enough friends posting gift links. For cases like this, you can buy the CC Hideeni Cake Bribe, a cake that you can feed to Hideeni. After eating the cake, Hideeni will directly give you one of his items as a gift.
Hideeni also appears when the Shops are loading.
If you love Hideeni's outfits, you can buy copies of each of his past costumes by buying Hideeni's Costume Mystery Boxes in the Mystery Shop.
Hideeni has a number of unique characteristics that separate him from the other neighborhood characters.
- He is the only character that can change his location.
- He is the only one to change clothes.
- He is only one of two characters who are is black in color - the other one is the Mystery Shop owner, although is hooded so it's not known for sure what color he really is, or who he is. Could also be Hideeni
- Along with the Mayor, he is the only other character who doesn't have a store and the only other character who gives free gifts to players.
- You can bathe him. He will have no expression when you bathe him, and you will not get coins or paw points for doing this.
- You can feed him. Strangely, his face disappears when you feed him and reappears when he finishes the food you fed him. The reason is, his color is dark black.
- Hideeni's name originates from Houdini and hiding.
List of Hideeni Gifts
|Start Date||End Date||Days Avail.||
Gift Set Name
July 13, 2012
January 5, 2012
December 8, 2011
September 6, 2011
August 5, 2011
October 12, 2012
January 4, 2012
December 7, 2011
September 5, 2011
|June 24, 2011||August 4, 2011||--||Hideeni on Vacation!|
|May 13, 2011||June 23, 2011||40||Hideeni Bath Toys|
|Apr 14, 2011||May 12, 2011||29||Hideeni Easter Eggs (2011)|
|Feb 3, 2011||Apr 13, 2011||69||Hideeni Roses|
|Jan 20, 2011||Feb 2, 2011||15||Hideeni on Vacation!|
|Dec 9, 2010||Jan 19, 2011||42||Hideeni Snowflakes|
|Nov 4, 2010||Dec 8, 2010||35||Hideeni Gems|
|Oct 14, 2010||Nov 3, 2010||21||Hideeni Halloween Candy|
|Sep 9, 2010||Oct 13, 2010||35||Hideeni Fruit Plushies|
|Jul 29, 2010||Sep 8, 2010||42||Hideeni Shells|
|Jul 1, 2010||Jul 28, 2010||28||Hideeni on Vacation!|
|Jun 4, 2010||Jul 16, 2010||43||Hideeni World Cup Flags|
|Apr 23, 2010||Jun 3, 2010||43||Hideeni Galaxy Decor|
|Mar 12, 2010||Apr 22, 2010||42||Hideeni Easter Eggs (2010)|
|Feb 4, 2010||Mar 11, 2010||36||Hideeni Long-Stem Roses|
|Dec 11, 2009||Feb 3, 2010||55||Cute Reindeer Plushie|
|Nov 19, 2009||Dec 10, 2009||22||Cute Squirrel Plushie|
|Oct 23, 2009||Nov 18, 2009||27||Cute Puppy Plushie|